19. You're worth it.
20. He's just not that into you if he's not asking you out. Because if he likes you, trust me, he will ask you out.
23. The "Maybe He Doesn't Want To Ruin The Friendship" Exscuse: Here's the truth: Guys don't mind messing up a friendship if it could lead to sex, whether it be a "fuck buddy" situation or a meaningful romance.
25. The "Maybe He's Intimidated By Me" Exscuse: Let me say it again. Sexual harrassment rules and workplace memos withstanding, a guy will ask out a woman of higher status if he's into her.
26. The "Maybe He Wants To Take Things Slow" Exscuse: If a guy truly likes you, but for personal reasons he needs to take things slow, he will let you know that immediatly. He won't keep you guessing, because he'll want to make sure you don't get frustrated and go away.
27. The "But He Gave Me His Number" Exscuse: "Give me a call." "E-mail me." "Tell Joey we should hang out sometime." Don't let him trick you into asking him out. When men want you, they do the work. I know it sounds old school, but when men like women, they ask them out.
28. The "Maybe He Forgot To Remember Me" Exscuse: Have faith. You made an impression. Leave it at that. If he likes you, he'll still remember you after the tsunami, flood, or Red Sox loss. If he doesn't, he's not worth your time.
29. The "Maybe I Don't Want to Play Games" Exscuse: Men, for the most part, like to persue women. We like not knowing if we can catch you. We feel rewarded when we do. Especially when the chase is a long one. We know there was a sexual revolution. (We loved it.) We know women are capable of running the governments, heading multinational corporations, and raising loving children-sometimes all at the same time. That, however, doesn't make men different.
30. Imagine right now that I'm leaping up and down and shaking my fist at the sky. I'm on my knees pleading wth you. I'm saying this in a loud voice: "Please, if you can trust one thing I say in this book, let it be this: When it comes to men, deal with us as we are, not how you'd like us to be."
34. We don't need to scheme and plot and beg to get someone to ask us out. We're fantastic.
I hope this exerts from that book are proving useful and meaningful to someone other then myself out there. Please feel free to respond, even with just a smile. Or with a good growing feeling in your chest. =)